Know your Dish
Garam Garam Aloo Ki Sabzi!
This popular dish is an Indian Potato Curry, especially served during Pujas and Hawans. It is also an occasional treat in the Indian homes.
It is easy and quick to prepare. So, when you can’t decide what to eat, here is the evergreen dish you can always opt for.
Tastes Best With:
Hot Puris & Rotis
- Vegetables- potatoes, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, lemon and coriander
- Cumin seeds
- Meeshna Turmeric Powder
- Meeshna Chilli Powder
- Meeshna Garam Masala
All you need to Prepare:
- Peel, boil and smash the potatoes in to big pieces (either with your hand or using a smasher)
- Prepare tomato puree by blending medium-sized tomato pieces in a mixture
- Prepare ginger garlic paste by blending both the ingredients of equal amount in the mixture
- Finely chop the coriander
Steps to make Aloo Ki Sabzi:
- Take a large pan and heat oil
- Add cumin seeds
- Add ginger garlic paste
- Add the tomato puree
- Add water as per the required consistency
- Add salt, asafoetida, Meeshna Turmeric Powder, Meeshna Chilli Powder and Meeshna Garam Masala. The proportion of Meeshna Garam Masala should be more than other masalas for a stronger taste.
- Add the smashed potatoes
- Squeeze in some lemon juice (optional)
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes
- Garnish the dish with finely chopped coriander leaves
Your Garam Garam Aloo Ki Sabzi is ready to serve!